Old July 9th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default What is the best handheld scanner on the market today?

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:56:34 +0000 (UTC), Golan Klinger
wrote:

Jack Newhouse wrote:

I looked at the 396XT last night. It is a pretty scanner. I'll read up
on the Icom and AOR today.

Perhaps you, and hopefully others, will find these URLs of use:

BCD396XT
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT

ICR20
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/IC-R20

AR8200
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/AR8200

All three are superb scanners. It's nice to be spoiled for choice.

Is there a site where I can compare all three one against the other?

I'm thinking maybe it will be best just to take my Pro--97 to radil
shack, pay them the $90.00 and let them repair the Pro-97

These new scanners cost more than they house, car, and property are
worth! They still won't pick up cellular for the most part. Plus I
have software that will upload and download to and from my scanner.
These new ones don't seem to have that.

Thanks for helping me to narrow my decision. I've heard a lot about
AOR and ICOM when it come to shortwave receivers. They are top of the
line there also.
Old July 10th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Jack Newhouse wrote:

Is there a site where I can compare all three one against the other?

Not that I'm aware of.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Old July 10th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

The Other Guy wrote:

But none of their radios can trunk.

You don't need a trunk tracking scanner to monitor and follow trunked
traffic. Just set the used range of frequencies into a bank and let the
scanner do what it does. While a trunk tracker makes things easier, it
isn't essential.

Old July 13th 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:04:47 +0000 (UTC), Golan Klinger
wrote:

The Other Guy wrote:

But none of their radios can trunk.

You don't need a trunk tracking scanner to monitor and follow trunked
traffic. Just set the used range of frequencies into a bank and let the
scanner do what it does. While a trunk tracker makes things easier, it
isn't essential.

Do you mean punch in all of the channels one at a time on the same
bank?

Or is there some way to input the entire range of trunked channels
with one or two entries?

handheld scanner Peter Vollan Scanner 9 November 21st 05 09:31 AM
FO: GRE PSR-275 handheld scanner Cybermaster Scanner 0 April 12th 05 07:44 PM
Number one Scanner on the market? Bill Scanner 5 January 13th 05 02:03 AM
Best Handheld Scanner Made Today? Dan Richman Scanner 3 February 6th 04 01:43 PM
Best Handheld Scanner?? carter Scanner 5 September 15th 03 10:07 AM