Old July 12th 09, 09:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] miso@sushi.com[_2_] is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS! iBiquity decalred bankruptcy in 2008! LMFAO!!!

On Jul 11, 6:52*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

I really don't see why there are people who take on Dave on a personal
basis for his ill-advised Kool-Aid drinking belief in IBOC.

You've obviously missed the posts where I've indicated I think that AM HD is
dead, because the AM band is dead now save a handful of stations and those
will have moved their content to FM in the next few years, like another,
WERC in Birmingham, did last week. When excellent signal AMs like KIRO,
WIBC, WERC, KTAR, KSL, etc., move to FM or are simulcasting with the intent
of moving, we know what the endgame is.

And on FM, there was a window of opportunity which has been closed by the
recession. Technology has moved past HD, and nobody has the money to buy the
radios, good or bad.

Oh, I've seen all your comments on AM and IBOC. I just don't drink the
Kool-Aid.

IBOC is not "on channel", unless you count someone else's channel as
being "on channel." You look at all the engineering that went into
keeping one station from bleeding into another, and "it was good."
Then along comes IBOC and it just pees on the adjacent channel. Worse
yet, they run that damn hash generator at night so it has skip.

Give them good programing, and they will listen. You don't need
gimmicks like IBOC.