Old August 5th 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bushcraftgregg Bushcraftgregg is offline

Default Antenna Options - Way Too Many!!! Help Needed Please

On Aug 4, 7:30*am, Krypsis wrote:

Too right Brian. I'm considering dragging my old Yaesu FRG7700 out of
mothballs and firing it up with a longwire connected.

Good deal Krypsis, maybe something good came
out of something bad. :-)

I have a long
block of land away from those nasty power lines and will get a really
good signal here.

I am somewhat lucky in that I live wayyy out in
the country so I have never had the problems
that many have spoke about in here. But there is
always (99% of the time IMO) a solution, no matter
your setup.

I used to use a Yaesu FRA7700 active antenna with it.
It was OK on the higher frequency bands but lacked a bit at the lower
end of the spectrum. It probably needs retrimming.

I've never really owned an active antenna, I wouldn't
mind have one though. The closest I have to it is
the old Radio Shack Amplified antenna which works
well but not really needed out here.

I wouldn't mind getting hold of a Yaesu FRG8800 in good condition as
they can interface with my computer here.

I'm hoping to one day be able to do that, interface
a receiver with my computer. I've read the pros and
cons of it, but I think the pros outweigh the negatives.