Old August 6th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Anasta Brian Anasta is offline

Default Our Love of Shortwave and Ham Radios - Your Story

On Aug 6, 10:19 pm, dave wrote:

I've been obsessed with radio since the early '60s. My parents thought
I was going through a phase. My first radio was a Truetone console,
with a Magic Eye and a 12" speaker.

Dear Dave,

Wow, a Truetone eh! Now I have heard THEY were a classic
piece....beautifully built, solid and with a great sound too. Dave do
you still have it by any chance, would have to be worth a bit now as
an antique provided it was still in good condition wouldn't it? I have
read about the Zeniths and Silvertones being quite valuable and a
collector's piece. I have also spotted a wonderful old Fairbanks-
Morse, also with magic eye in my travels...gorgeous to look at even
though it was not in the best of condition.

Kind regards and have a great night,
BK