Old August 15th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Aluminum spreader quad

I was talking with some guys this AM about building a quad antenna
using aluminum spreaders. I know that it at least the tips of the
spreaders would have to be made of insulating material such a
fiberglass but the consensus seemed to be that most of the spreaders
should be non-metalic. I was wondering if anyone here had built a quad
with almost all of the spreaders made of metal and what was the
results.

Jimmie