Old August 31st 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default European Shortwave Bands In Cars

Station X wrote:
Thanks guys. We have some models of Mercedes 4 WD's running around
with LW MW SW FM in them. Do you think I can get info on them?
Stopping short of becoming a nuisance at the car yards!

I'm not sure if you guys are across the rules here in Australia. But
if they have a radio in them that gives them acess to the SW Tropical
Bands you would be set. The bands used for Tropical are able to be
used for HF Domestic Services. 2.3 and so on up to 5 mhz. This would
be nice as the license would cost you a wopping 38 bucks a year. With
no limit (other than your own silliness) on what power you can have.
Then pop them up all over the place.

I'd like to find out the aerials on these vechiles too. I'd hope I can
run these services in NVIS mode so the need for massive ground mats is
avoided.

Nobody listens to AM radio. Ask 'Dwardo.