Old September 11th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Captain America Captain America is offline

Default MixW software question

I am new to this digital modes stuff in spite of being licensed since
1958.

Am using MixW software through a SignaLink USB and have made several
PSK31 contacts. Have fiddled around with the CW capability but have
not investigated other modes yet.

Some questions:

1. I notice that a lot of operators send RST -- and -- s/n ratio and
imd. On the MixW display I see s/n ratio and imd figures. I tried to
set up a macro to send this info along with QTH, name, grid locator,
RST, and the like but don't find such a macro in the sofware. Has
anyone else done this??

2. In the MixW display is a tuning indicator. In the tuning
indicator window is an RST reading. Any way to have MixW
automatically grab that RST and add it to the report? I used the
macro RSTR (RST Received) but it's still sending 599 regardless of
what's on the display.

3. I am running 30 - 40 watts to an IC-729. I was running 90 watts
with my first contact but the guy I talked with told me to keep it to
around 35 watts or less -- right??

Thanks.