Old September 11th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default MixW software question

I am new to this digital modes stuff in spite of being licensed since
1958.

Am using MixW software through a SignaLink USB and have made several
PSK31 contacts. Have fiddled around with the CW capability but have
not investigated other modes yet.

Some questions:

1. I notice that a lot of operators send RST -- and -- s/n ratio and
imd. On the MixW display I see s/n ratio and imd figures. I tried to
set up a macro to send this info along with QTH, name, grid locator,
RST, and the like but don't find such a macro in the sofware. Has
anyone else done this??

2. In the MixW display is a tuning indicator. In the tuning
indicator window is an RST reading. Any way to have MixW
automatically grab that RST and add it to the report? I used the
macro RSTR (RST Received) but it's still sending 599 regardless of
what's on the display.

3. I am running 30 - 40 watts to an IC-729. I was running 90 watts
with my first contact but the guy I talked with told me to keep it to
around 35 watts or less -- right??

Thanks.

Old June 15th 11, 09:40 AM
Junior Member

I am also new and also new to the forum and have no idea about this and i also want some information on this because i like to collect information on this topic and it is good MixW software question that helps a lot.

personal trainer orange county

Last edited by Rafil : June 18th 11 at 08:20 AM
Old August 7th 11, 07:41 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
[...]

Keep the output around 30 watts and your signal will be good and your radio will thank you. Look at your ALC and make sure while you are transmitting that you just tickle the ALC or none at all. Keep your signal clean this way.

I do not know much about mix w but alot of guys use it. I don,t think you can do what you want to do with the program as I remember it.

You might look at HRD and it does have the feature of being able to send the s/n ratio and imd. That info is more useful than a RST of any kind.

HRD is a big program but it does most everything. It has a bit of a learning curve but I have used them all and HRD is the only one that does all I need to do.

Hope this helps.

Dennis n5dpk

MIXW SOFTWARE Dave General 1 January 3rd 04 08:23 PM
MIXW SOFTWARE Dave Homebrew 0 January 3rd 04 06:17 PM
MIXW SOFTWARE Dave Homebrew 0 January 3rd 04 06:17 PM
MIXW SOFTWARE Dave Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 06:16 PM
MIXW SOFTWARE Dave Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 06:16 PM