Old September 21st 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Keith[_6_] Keith[_6_] is offline

Default Photo stolen for eBay auction by Chinese seller

wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:41 pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 9/17/09 19:50 , weatherall wrote:

A Chinese seller on eBay stole a copyrighted photo that I took of a
Redsun RF-1210 radio. My original was published on Flickr, and the
stolen copy (with border added) is also hosted on a Flickr account. I
noticed my photo in an eBay auction for this item, and an acquaintance
pointed out that the stolen copy had a flickr.com URL.
http://tinyurl.com/m94nqr
eBay has some pretty strict policies about this sort of thing.
Make a complaint, they'll usually respond by pulling the photo down
within 24 hours.

I caught a seller taking a photograph of a multi-kilobuck telescope
right out of a manufacturer's website. It was the person's first sale.
This was way out of my league, but I emailed ebay and they took the
advert down.

Actually many manufacturers allow licensed sellers to use their
photographs and hand outs for selling their items. I don't know why eBay
would pull down a advertisement on a complaint from a non interested
party that has no legal standing.
The OP had his IP stolen and made a valid complaint to eBay.

--
Best Regards, Keith | http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
Tired of Google Groups? Use free Usenet access & programs.