Old September 18th 09, 01:50 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Exclamation Photo stolen for eBay auction by Chinese seller

A Chinese seller on eBay stole a copyrighted photo that I took of a Redsun RF-1210 radio. My original was published on Flickr, and the stolen copy (with border added) is also hosted on a Flickr account. I noticed my photo in an eBay auction for this item, and an acquaintance pointed out that the stolen copy had a flickr.com URL.

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/2009/0...r-auction.html
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old September 18th 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Photo stolen for eBay auction by Chinese seller

On 9/17/09 19:50 , weatherall wrote:
A Chinese seller on eBay stole a copyrighted photo that I took of a
Redsun RF-1210 radio. My original was published on Flickr, and the
stolen copy (with border added) is also hosted on a Flickr account. I
noticed my photo in an eBay auction for this item, and an acquaintance
pointed out that the stolen copy had a flickr.com URL.

http://tinyurl.com/m94nqr

eBay has some pretty strict policies about this sort of thing.
Make a complaint, they'll usually respond by pulling the photo down
within 24 hours.

Old September 18th 09, 08:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 17, 9:41*pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 9/17/09 19:50 , weatherall wrote:

A Chinese seller on eBay stole a copyrighted photo that I took of a
Redsun RF-1210 radio. *My original was published on Flickr, and the
stolen copy (with border added) is also hosted on a Flickr account. *I
noticed my photo in an eBay auction for this item, and an acquaintance
pointed out that the stolen copy had a flickr.com URL.

http://tinyurl.com/m94nqr

* *eBay has some pretty strict policies about this sort of thing.
Make a complaint, they'll usually respond by pulling the photo down
within 24 hours.

I caught a seller taking a photograph of a multi-kilobuck telescope
right out of a manufacturer's website. It was the person's first sale.
This was way out of my league, but I emailed ebay and they took the
advert down.
Old September 21st 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:41 pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 9/17/09 19:50 , weatherall wrote:

A Chinese seller on eBay stole a copyrighted photo that I took of a
Redsun RF-1210 radio. My original was published on Flickr, and the
stolen copy (with border added) is also hosted on a Flickr account. I
noticed my photo in an eBay auction for this item, and an acquaintance
pointed out that the stolen copy had a flickr.com URL.
http://tinyurl.com/m94nqr
eBay has some pretty strict policies about this sort of thing.
Make a complaint, they'll usually respond by pulling the photo down
within 24 hours.

I caught a seller taking a photograph of a multi-kilobuck telescope
right out of a manufacturer's website. It was the person's first sale.
This was way out of my league, but I emailed ebay and they took the
advert down.

Actually many manufacturers allow licensed sellers to use their
photographs and hand outs for selling their items. I don't know why eBay
would pull down a advertisement on a complaint from a non interested
party that has no legal standing.
The OP had his IP stolen and made a valid complaint to eBay.

--
Best Regards, Keith | http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
Tired of Google Groups? Use free Usenet access & programs.

The EBAY cheats seller the name [email protected] Shortwave 18 September 2nd 06 11:25 PM
Way too funny eBay seller! Jim Hackett Shortwave 5 November 14th 04 02:45 PM
wheres Waldo ? I mean ebay seller radio-mart ? bob Swap 6 August 17th 04 02:55 AM
Ebay Seller Dick Swap 8 July 22nd 04 12:02 AM
has anyone bought from this ebay seller ? the captain Shortwave 5 May 11th 04 08:35 AM