Old October 2nd 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill M[_5_] Bill M[_5_] is offline

Default Ocean State Electronics

wrote:
Anyone having trouble with Ocean State Electronics in Westerly ,RI,? I
placed an order in August, no response,not able to reach them by eMail
or phone. I am planning to contact RI. Attorney Generals office,
Consumer protection office, Are there others who have submitted
orders and money with no response? Maybe a class action suite would
carry more weight.. Thanks Harold

If you read ARF, rar+p and the other Forums there's no end to complaints
about this guy.

I will say that they have never actually stolen my money. But as far as
being lied to, not responding to inquiries, taking months to fulfill
orders and all of that they are King! I don't think lousy service is
actionable.

I feel sort of sad for them. The owner, Frank, seems like a pretty
decent guy and they do have a nice variety of stuff but they apparently
run the outfit off the kitchen table. I think he is out of place trying
to run such a business in his fashion in today's environment. Too bad

-Bill