Old October 2nd 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Ocean State Electronics

Anyone having trouble with Ocean State Electronics in Westerly ,RI,? I
placed an order in August, no response,not able to reach them by eMail
or phone. I am planning to contact RI. Attorney Generals office,
Consumer protection office, Are there others who have submitted
orders and money with no response? Maybe a class action suite would
carry more weight.. Thanks Harold
Old October 2nd 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:20:21 -0400, Bill M wrote:

wrote:
Anyone having trouble with Ocean State Electronics in Westerly ,RI,? I
placed an order in August, no response,not able to reach them by eMail
or phone. I am planning to contact RI. Attorney Generals office,
Consumer protection office, Are there others who have submitted
orders and money with no response? Maybe a class action suite would
carry more weight.. Thanks Harold

If you read ARF, rar+p and the other Forums there's no end to complaints
about this guy.

I will say that they have never actually stolen my money. But as far as
being lied to, not responding to inquiries, taking months to fulfill
orders and all of that they are King! I don't think lousy service is
actionable.

I feel sort of sad for them. The owner, Frank, seems like a pretty
decent guy and they do have a nice variety of stuff but they apparently
run the outfit off the kitchen table. I think he is out of place trying
to run such a business in his fashion in today's environment. Too bad

-Bill

It _is_ actionable to take someone's money then take more than 30 days to
fulfill the order. If he's accepted the order but hasn't cashed the
check then you'll have more problems.

Other businesses manage to run this sort of thing off the kitchen table
and do OK, but you have to be cut out for it.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Old October 2nd 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I have had the same issue with an order that I placed with them last
year....I sent several emails regarding the status of my order and I
never got a response and then I eventually received my parts a month
later....I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS THERE AGAIN!!!!
Old October 7th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A PERSON WOULD ADVERTISE SOMETHING AND THEN TAKE
SO LONG TO SEND IT. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

CHECK MY WEBSITE: www.dialcover.com
Bill Turner, excuse caps, short answers, stroke.