Old October 8th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Focused EMP pulse?

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:19:47 -0700, Jim Lux
wrote:

One might want to distinguish between EMP from, e.g. a nuclear device,
which is a fast pulse (the rise time of which is fundamentally limited
by the size of the fireball.. EM energy from the far side takes longer
to get to you than the near side)

Hi Jim,

Actually, a nuclear detonation propagates three forms of EMP. We both
discussed the fastest which correlates to discussions ongoing here in
the 1GHz and higher spectrum.

I will leave it to Art to wonder of the mysteries of an atom bomb
pushing aside magnetic field lines (what? no equilibrium?) for the
slowest pulse. For purposes of Focusing this EMP pulse he has his
shoebox sized 160M dipole/reflector technology to fall back on.
Perhaps he might consider a nuclear hand grenade. I would love to see
a youtube video of him pulling that pin and tossing it into the
reflector.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC