Old October 24th 09, 09:44 PM
n9zas n9zas is offline
Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hello,
I want to put an antenna on a -fiberglass- motorhome (class a) and I'm not
sure about the no gound plane vs the regular mobile antenna choices. I have
a ladder
rack on the back, and a luggage rack on top, but I'm not sure of how much
ground I can get from that.

I have a 102" whip laying around and I thought about mounting that to the
back bumber with a homemade plastic 'standoff' at the top of the motorhome
to keep it from swinging.

Good idea, or no? (tree pruner is not what i want) but from the bumper I can
use most of that 9' before it clears the roof on a fiberglass body.

Strange combo.
Instead of a 102" whip flying around,why not simply pick up a shakespear marine cb antenna that's designed to be used with fiberglass craft? It could be mirror-mounted then you're done!
N9ZAS