Old November 8th 09, 08:31 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Matching impedance with coax

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:25:01 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

I'll try to get a better picture of the feedpoint for you.
Is there a way to work the .66 wavelength of 50 ohm cable backwards ie.
What impedance would be transformed to 50 ohms with .66 wavelength of
50 ohm coax?
(this assumes the little knowledge I have about impedance transformation
using
coax is correct.)
Mike

Here's a link to a picture.

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...MFJCollage.jpg
Mike

Hi Mike,

That is a pretty good rendering given the other pix. Have you any
experience with Smith Charts? Still, and all, you need to know the Z
of at least one point to transform to another.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC