Old November 22nd 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Will SW radios become obsolete?

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Unused spectrum is valuable in today's wireless world.

Some has, 7100-7200 HZ has been re-alocated to a ham band. I think it is
supposed to be clear of SWBC stations in 2010.

Before someone from the US goes and says it already is a ham band, it is only
one in the Western Hemisphere. Here in ITU zone 1 (and zone 3), it was
7000-7100 until a few years ago, now it is 7000-7200, but there are still
s-meter pinning SWBC stations on there.

In some parts of the world there is a new 5mHz ham band, but I don't think
it came from SWBC allocation.

Geoff.