Old December 4th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
tchrme tchrme is offline

Default HQ 129 help needed

On Dec 4, 1:57*am, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"tchrme" wrote in message

I guess my first post didn't successfully post, so I will
try again.
I have recapped my HQ 129X and aligned it. The BFO note
varies
continually. I replaced the paper caps in the shield below
the BFO
tube. The resistors below the tube and the tube test out
okay. Is my
next step to get into the BFO can on top of the chassis?
Has anyone in
the group had experience with the BFO on this rcvr?
Anyone have any
hints on how to access the BFO can? It looks like they
built the rcvr
around it. Thanks, Mike KF6KXG

* * *Are you sure its the BFO warbling and not the local
oscillator?

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

Richard,
Good hearing from you. Good idea. I will check. Thanks, Mike KF6KXG