Old December 6th 09, 06:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_] Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_] is offline

Default Portable SW Radio Antenna Jack

NB1R wrote:

The more I think of it, I'm sure I can check both contacts with my ohm
meter against the radio's whip antenna when I get ready to wire the
plug.

Good way to burn out the front end of your radio if it is not protected
against such things. (e.g. Sony ICF-2010)

Since no one has not answered it's the tip is the antenna and the ring
(outside) is ground. It's best if you use a short jumper of very flexible
coax (rg-174) from it as the stress from something hard (rg-58, rg-6), etc will
damage the radio.

Geoff.