Old December 9th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Pirate - 6264

AllenMcB wrote:
On Dec 5, 7:35 am, dxAce wrote:
Channel Z Radio, 6264, starting the 5th Anniversary program again at 1335.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I didn't want to post this on the Usenet group for fear of being
tagged as a perpetual idiot at my age, but after throwing caution to
the wind, here we go..

When you hear a station at 6924 AM, is that the regular old AM band,
as in pre-FM car radio?

Or, is it part of the SW bands?

I'm using an ancient Hallicrafters S-108, and getting an exact
frequency just doesn't happen often.

There is a way to calibrate the Bandspread dial. Example: set
Bandspread to 100. Tune main dial to WWV on 10 Mc. Get a shortwave
guidebook of some kind, and as you tune the Bandspread make a chart of
the big stations and their Bandspread number vs their actual frequency.
Use this approach for all SWBC bands.