Old December 5th 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pirate - 6264

Channel Z Radio, 6264, starting the 5th Anniversary program again at 1335.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 8th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 5, 7:35*am, dxAce wrote:
Channel Z Radio, 6264, starting the 5th Anniversary program again at 1335..

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I didn't want to post this on the Usenet group for fear of being
tagged as a perpetual idiot at my age, but after throwing caution to
the wind, here we go..

When you hear a station at 6924 AM, is that the regular old AM band,
as in pre-FM car radio?

Or, is it part of the SW bands?

I'm using an ancient Hallicrafters S-108, and getting an exact
frequency just doesn't happen often.

Old December 8th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

AllenMcB wrote:

On Dec 5, 7:35 am, dxAce wrote:
Channel Z Radio, 6264, starting the 5th Anniversary program again at 1335.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I didn't want to post this on the Usenet group for fear of being
tagged as a perpetual idiot at my age, but after throwing caution to
the wind, here we go..

When you hear a station at 6924 AM, is that the regular old AM band,
as in pre-FM car radio?

Or, is it part of the SW bands?

Part of the SW bands. Say, 6924 kHz or 6.924 MHz.

Old December 9th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

AllenMcB wrote:
On Dec 5, 7:35 am, dxAce wrote:
Channel Z Radio, 6264, starting the 5th Anniversary program again at 1335.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I didn't want to post this on the Usenet group for fear of being
tagged as a perpetual idiot at my age, but after throwing caution to
the wind, here we go..

When you hear a station at 6924 AM, is that the regular old AM band,
as in pre-FM car radio?

Or, is it part of the SW bands?

I'm using an ancient Hallicrafters S-108, and getting an exact
frequency just doesn't happen often.

There is a way to calibrate the Bandspread dial. Example: set
Bandspread to 100. Tune main dial to WWV on 10 Mc. Get a shortwave
guidebook of some kind, and as you tune the Bandspread make a chart of
the big stations and their Bandspread number vs their actual frequency.
Use this approach for all SWBC bands.

Pirate 6.919.93 AM Ken Wilson Shortwave 4 November 26th 06 05:56 PM
Pirate ! 6.925 USB . . . Pirate ! 00:15 UTC Pirate !! [email protected] Shortwave 2 July 8th 06 04:49 PM
pirate on now Brian Shortwave 4 April 16th 04 03:00 AM
pirate Brian Shortwave 0 March 30th 04 12:53 AM
Pirate? on 7.475 at 01:45 UTC Dan Shortwave 4 March 22nd 04 04:01 PM