Old January 11th 10, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
justis justis is offline

Default SW rookie...GE shortwave radio 7-2990A info/manual needed

Both manuals on their way! Enjoy!

"wgregt" wrote in message

Hey guys-
Complete & total SW rookie here. Today I was given a rarely-used GE
shortwave radio model 7-2990A today from a neighbor who was cleaning
out his mother-in-law's house to sell. It's in perfect shape and I'm
excited to have it.

I know nothing about this radio, or how to operate it, or SW at all.
I'm all over the www reading about SW in general, but I would love to
get a copy (or a PDF?) of the original manual so I can figure out the
knobs, etc. Would also love to know more about this radio's shortfalls,
things to improve, etc.

I'm in SoCal. You can reach me directly (probably the best way) at:
forsaleinfl at aol dot com

Thanks for any info/tips/advice!

-greg

--