Old February 3rd 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default (OT) Computer DVD-RW Drive E: Troubleshooting Question

Priest wrote:

On Feb 2, 9:34 am, m II wrote:
Every dvd drive I've had has only read one side. You have to physically
turn the disc over in the tray and play the other side.
mike

That was my first response, flipped the dvd and got nothing but
grinding sounds. Did the same with disc 2 with same result. Being
inexperienced with dvd's I then assumed all the data was contained on
one side of the disc since the back had no label reading Side B (label
on front reads Side A and Side B).

Usually there is tiny, tiny printing around the hole in the centre. It's
really hard to read. They have to mark them somehow, seeing that there
can be no label printing on the one face.

I'm assuming that the label on the front you are referring to is on the
case or cover of the disk....

mike