Old February 10th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Recommendations - 12 / 13.8v Power Supply, ~ 5 amp?

Hi, folks - If you please, I am looking for recommendations for a PS
that will provide the usual 12 or 13.8v, about 5 - 7 amps be plenty.
Love to get rid of the myriad 500 ma wall-warts. I'd rather not have
it be too expensive, but it would be nice if it didn't send spikes,
blow up or cause hash or electrical hum. Any thoughts? There is a
plethora of manufacturers and models, reviews are all over the place,
I have no idea which ones are OK. Pyramid makes a 5-amp job that
would be great, if it's any good. I also see Radio Shack PSs at about
twice that current. Would a switching PS be better?

Thanks in advance ~

Bruce Jensen