Old February 18th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Ecuador - Time Signal

On Feb 18, 2:04*am, dxAce wrote:
Checking 3810 at 1000 this morning I hear HD2IOA (Ecuador) time signal putting
in a fairly good signal with time pips every ten seconds.

They changed their format a while back.

I have yet to QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) this one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice! have not heard this one in awhile.

So, how does one write a reception report for a time station? I can
see where it would be easy for a WWV or WWVH, where lots of additional
changeable information is given on an hourly basis; but what about a
simple "time pip" station?

Along a similar vein, Bangkok Metereological Radio has been putting in
a decent signal every few days on its 8 MHz frequency.

Bruce Jensen