Old February 18th 10, 10:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ecuador - Time Signal

Checking 3810 at 1000 this morning I hear HD2IOA (Ecuador) time signal putting
in a fairly good signal with time pips every ten seconds.

They changed their format a while back.

I have yet to QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) this one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 18th 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 18, 2:04*am, dxAce wrote:
Checking 3810 at 1000 this morning I hear HD2IOA (Ecuador) time signal putting
in a fairly good signal with time pips every ten seconds.

They changed their format a while back.

I have yet to QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) this one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice! have not heard this one in awhile.

So, how does one write a reception report for a time station? I can
see where it would be easy for a WWV or WWVH, where lots of additional
changeable information is given on an hourly basis; but what about a
simple "time pip" station?

Along a similar vein, Bangkok Metereological Radio has been putting in
a decent signal every few days on its 8 MHz frequency.

Bruce Jensen
Old February 18th 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 18, 2:04 am, dxAce wrote:
Checking 3810 at 1000 this morning I hear HD2IOA (Ecuador) time signal putting
in a fairly good signal with time pips every ten seconds.

They changed their format a while back.

I have yet to QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) this one.

Nice! have not heard this one in awhile.

So, how does one write a reception report for a time station?

ID info, etc.

I can
see where it would be easy for a WWV or WWVH, where lots of additional
changeable information is given on an hourly basis; but what about a
simple "time pip" station?

Not certain about HD2IOA. At one time they gave a pretty good ID. But now, I'm not
certain. I'll have to listen a bit more to the 'new' format.

Had pretty good luck with the time signal stations, and now have 27 I believe QSL'd
(veried, for those in Glendale).

Along a similar vein, Bangkok Metereological Radio has been putting in
a decent signal every few days on its 8 MHz frequency.

Yeah, at times they come in pretty well. I QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale)
that one a few years back.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 2nd 10, 05:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 18, 2:04*am, dxAce wrote:
Checking 3810 at 1000 this morning I hear HD2IOA (Ecuador) time signal putting
in a fairly good signal with time pips every ten seconds.

They changed their format a while back.

I have yet to QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) this one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Basically a ditto on this, except clear and loud at 0550z March 2,
2010. Spanish language time stated by a male announcer *every ten
seconds*. Would be absolutely perfect copy, no fading at all and very
little noise, except for some silly hams in the U.S. co-channel
wondering "what the heck is that?" in the background and chuckling
about it. SINPO = 31453.

Signal is very strong tonight; I'd be curious what the xmtr power
is...

Bruce Jensen
Old March 2nd 10, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 1, 9:59*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 18, 2:04*am, dxAce wrote:

Checking 3810 at 1000 this morning I hear HD2IOA (Ecuador) time signal putting
in a fairly good signal with time pips every ten seconds.

They changed their format a while back.

I have yet to QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) this one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Basically a ditto on this, except clear and loud at 0550z March 2,
2010. *Spanish language time stated by a male announcer *every ten
seconds*. *Would be absolutely perfect copy, no fading at all and very
little noise, except for some silly hams in the U.S. co-channel
wondering "what the heck is that?" in the background and chuckling
about it. *SINPO = 31453.

Signal is very strong tonight; I'd be curious what the xmtr power
is...

Bruce Jensen

Addendum - based on what I hear, I would guess this station transmits
a carrier plus LSB; no USB is apparent from listening...neither voice
nor pips.

ATA Time Signal Station dxAce Shortwave 0 June 3rd 08 09:28 PM
Time Signal Station PDF dxAce Shortwave 2 May 3rd 08 03:59 AM
Time signal on 790? Steve Shortwave 10 August 22nd 06 12:38 PM
Time Signal [email protected] Shortwave 2 August 21st 05 06:37 PM
1.020 MHz Time Signal? GeorgeF Shortwave 9 November 20th 04 08:20 PM