Old February 25th 10, 06:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Liberty Net for Week of February 20-27

Priest wrote:
Can't download the audio file because I'm on dial-up and it would take
5 hours. Listening via stream I see all the fields and bar you mention
and understand exactly what you are talking about. However the blue
bar won't advance forward at all no matter how many attempts I make.

I have no problems doing this on other sites when listening to audio
files but can't do it on yours and I've tried using three different
browsers.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to my inquiry.

You're welcome.

Probably your problems are just due to to your slow connection
coupled with the huge 120 MB-plus size of the Liberty Net files. On
a five to seven hour file, it will take a while -- say a quarter
hour or so -- before the blue section advances much on the progress bar.

You could try the shortest file on the page as an experiment. It's
in the left column of http://3950.net/ near the top, under Recent
Recordings. It's titled "WA1HLR/WB2CAU discuss 75 meter numbers
station." It's about 1/100th the size of the Liberty Net files.

Maybe I need to break up the Net files into smaller sections for
people with slow connections.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--