Old February 27th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bw bw is offline

Default Superadio I

"dxAce" wrote in message
Spent the afternoon re-furb'ing a GE Superadio I that I picked up
yesterday.

Not much to look at, but after I got the dial back on track, and cleaned
it up
a bit it performs nicely.

Antenna is nice and straight, but the markings around the volume and tone
controls are pretty much worn away.

Guess this will be my out back, kick back and smoke a nice cigar radio
this
coming summer.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Also, check IF alignment.
I found a 7-2940B that had been dunked in latex paint and then wrapped in a
bag.
After cleaning it sounded ok but average sensitivity. I did a little
alignment and it's now as good as my SRIII, except for bass.