Old February 26th 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Superadio I

Spent the afternoon re-furb'ing a GE Superadio I that I picked up yesterday.

Not much to look at, but after I got the dial back on track, and cleaned it up
a bit it performs nicely.

Antenna is nice and straight, but the markings around the volume and tone
controls are pretty much worn away.

Guess this will be my out back, kick back and smoke a nice cigar radio this
coming summer.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 26th 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Didn't you buy a Superadio at a thrift store a few years ago, or was it
a bicycle, or both?
cuhulin

Old February 26th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Didn't you buy a Superadio at a thrift store a few years ago, or was it
a bicycle, or both?

I've picked up a lot of neat stuff at the 'thrift store' over the years.

Old February 27th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bw bw is offline

"dxAce" wrote in message
Spent the afternoon re-furb'ing a GE Superadio I that I picked up
yesterday.

Not much to look at, but after I got the dial back on track, and cleaned
it up
a bit it performs nicely.

Antenna is nice and straight, but the markings around the volume and tone
controls are pretty much worn away.

Guess this will be my out back, kick back and smoke a nice cigar radio
this
coming summer.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Also, check IF alignment.
I found a 7-2940B that had been dunked in latex paint and then wrapped in a
bag.
After cleaning it sounded ok but average sensitivity. I did a little
alignment and it's now as good as my SRIII, except for bass.

Old February 27th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 26, 6:16*pm, dxAce wrote:
Spent the afternoon re-furb'ing a GE Superadio I that I picked up yesterday.

Not much to look at, but after I got the dial back on track, and cleaned it up
a bit it performs nicely.

Antenna is nice and straight, but the markings around the volume and tone
controls are pretty much worn away.

Guess this will be my out back, kick back and smoke a nice cigar radio this
coming summer.

Steve - you suck! :-)

Isn't that two of them for you?

One day - one day I'll get me one of those. That would be a real nice
addition with my GE P-780

Have fun with that piece you dog.

Old February 27th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have a GE P-780 E radio.
I bought it at a Goodwill store a bunch of years ago for two or three
dollars.It doesn't work, it wasen't working when I bought it.I don't
know how to repair radios.I will keep it anyway.

I have a GE Superadio too, I reckon it is a Superadio I, but it doesn't
say Superadio anything on it.I bought it new at a Service Merchandise
store.It still works ok.
cuhulin

Old February 27th 10, 09:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 26, 11:16*pm, dxAce wrote:
Spent the afternoon re-furb'ing a GE Superadio I that I picked up yesterday.

Guess this will be my out back, kick back and smoke a nice cigar radio this
coming summer.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Aah! you are onto the finer things in life Ace. Breaking in new radio
outback in the garden in summer, a fine Cuban cigar = sublime! and may
I add a goblet of excellent cognac.
vita magnus est - life is great

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old February 27th 10, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Habana Smoke Shoppe Jackson,Mississippi
http://www.habanasmokes.com

email them.Tell them to send you some reel Good Seegars.

Shop pe.
cuhulin

FS: G.E. Superadio II Frank Shortwave 0 July 24th 07 04:13 AM
FS: GE Superadio Frank Bals Shortwave 0 January 15th 05 03:02 PM
FS: GE Superadio III Frank Bals Shortwave 0 January 12th 05 04:31 AM
FS: GE Superadio II Frank Bals Swap 4 January 29th 04 12:53 AM
FS: G.E. Superadio 2 Frank Bals Swap 0 January 26th 04 03:32 AM