Old March 15th 10, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Radio New Zealand

On Mar 14, 3:50*pm, ai8o wrote:
On Mar 12, 6:53*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Mar 12, 2:35*pm, ai8o wrote:

RNZI on 11725 KHz 0554-0641 GMT March 12,2010.
According to their website this is a daily broadcast

Yes, that's correct. *Every night, although once in awhile they are
AWOL for some reason. *At the end of this segment (0659) they switch
immediately over to 31 meters and carry on there. *Here on the U.S.
west coast, generally excellent signal.

Bruce

This is unusual for me.
I am on the east coast of North America.
*Usually my MUF is below 7 or 8 MHZ by that time of the morning.

Ah - then you may count yourself somewhat fortunate to have heard
RNZI. From what I understand, it is *usually* a nonstarter for east
coast NA folks.

My guess - and it is only a guess - is that this frequency could
become slightly better by summer. I find that higher freqs often
persist later in the evening as the nights become shorter.

BJ