Old March 24th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BobS[_3_] BobS[_3_] is offline

Default Reception/Noise Help

I live on the 2nd floor of a condo (no outside antennas allowed) with a
random wire (60') from my R8B, out the window, and thrown over a tree
branch. No separate feedline; just one length of thin wire from radio to
tree. As expected reception is compromised with excessive noise. Can
anyone advise if there is a way to reduce the noise? Can't have a
ground rod. Don't want to move. Would an active antenna be an
improvement or a waste of money? I do understand that I'm never going to
have a Good setup, but just looking for some improvement.

Thanks...Bob

Remove MYHAT for email response