Old March 30th 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SC Dxing SC Dxing is offline

Default Grundig 750 or Grundig G3

Thanks everyone. I already have a G5 and it is indeed a good radio.
But I was playing around with the G3 at radio shack today, they let me
take it outside, and it really shines on sideband ham signals, at
least in the 14200khz range. I think having a separate USB/LSB switch
makes a big difference.. But I didn't have my G5 with me to compare. I
really wish I could see a 750 before I make up my mind, but none of
the Radio Shacks around here stock the 750.

I'll probably go with the G3 and use the G5 as a bedside radio. The G6
will be my primary portable. The 750 sits in the garage and is good
for listening to FM outside.