Old April 5th 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default BBC WS 7310

In article ,
bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 5, 6:28*am, dave wrote:
ai8o wrote:
BBC WS on 7310 KHz 0434z April 5,2010.
Network Africa Program

This program is beamed toward Central and Southern Africa, so it is
unusual for me to hear it in North Carolina, USA.

Too bad BBC doesn't QSL.

Dan
AI8O

North Carolina is apparently close enough to Africa. *Where is the
transmitter?

I have not checked on this one yet, but BBC often uses either
Ascension or South Africa for its southern AF services.

Signal quality isn't good enough to bother for program listening, but
I've picked up 7310 quite a few times here in Seattle.

The graphic charts of frequency by time by region that they may still
have on the BBC Web site have transmitter location, (which the regional
schedules in HTML don't).

(dig, dig, dig) They're still there. The chart pointed to by the link at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/schedules/frequencies/#west-africa
shows 7310 kHz to be coming from South Africa from 4-6:00 UTC and
Ascension from 6-7:00 UTC. (I didn't check the fine print, I hope
that's current).

Mark Zenier