Old April 28th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default RCA Superadio.............

On Apr 27, 7:11*pm, wrote:
I don't sell/get rid of my old thingys.
I did once send a Sunn Guitar Amp to Zumbrota,Minnesota a few years
ago.I never received so much as one red cent for that Sunn Guitar Amp.
cuhulin

Dear Cuhulin,

I'm the same way - I keep all of my 'junk,' pack it up, and put it in
my crawl space. I have so much 'garbage' in there I can't even
remember all of what I have!

That's why I still have all of my GE/RCA 'Superadios.'

The best of the lot are my two original ones, the 7-2880A and 7-2880B.
One of my three 'Superadio II' samples is good also; it is still in
current use.

As for my 'Superadio IIIs,' I can't comment on the older (early 1990s)
GE one but the new RCA one is, frankly, trash. The one I have is my
third sample from Amazon and, while it's pleasant for listening to FM
and it CAN receive long-distance AM, its tuning is so poor that DXing
is rendered useless, in my opinion.

For $20.00 or thereabouts, okay; anything more - NUTS!

But I won't sell it. (Among other things I couldn't do so with a clear
conscience.) One of these days I'll pack it up (I don't know why I put
the box in the crawl space without really giving the radio a fair
trial - now I have to go in there and retrieve it!) and put it away.

My heirs will have to deal with it!

Best,

Joe