Old April 27th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RCA Superadio.............

I own over three hundred old radios.Some of them work ok, some of them
sort of kind of work, some of them don't work at all.Some of them would
make real good paper weights and door stops.
cuhulin

Old April 27th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 27, 10:07*am, wrote:
I own over three hundred old radios.Some of them work ok, some of them
sort of kind of work, some of them don't work at all.Some of them would
make real good paper weights and door stops.
cuhulin

You should maybe list them here Cuh.

Unless you want to keep every radio you have (which I'm sure you
don't) - maybe make a couple of nickels or dimes and hook up Doggie.

In all seriousness, I can just about guarantee you that someone from
this group would pick something up from you. Just saying.)
Old April 28th 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I don't sell/get rid of my old thingys.
I did once send a Sunn Guitar Amp to Zumbrota,Minnesota a few years
ago.I never received so much as one red cent for that Sunn Guitar Amp.
cuhulin

Old April 28th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 27, 7:11*pm, wrote:
I don't sell/get rid of my old thingys.
I did once send a Sunn Guitar Amp to Zumbrota,Minnesota a few years
ago.I never received so much as one red cent for that Sunn Guitar Amp.
cuhulin

Dear Cuhulin,

I'm the same way - I keep all of my 'junk,' pack it up, and put it in
my crawl space. I have so much 'garbage' in there I can't even
remember all of what I have!

That's why I still have all of my GE/RCA 'Superadios.'

The best of the lot are my two original ones, the 7-2880A and 7-2880B.
One of my three 'Superadio II' samples is good also; it is still in
current use.

As for my 'Superadio IIIs,' I can't comment on the older (early 1990s)
GE one but the new RCA one is, frankly, trash. The one I have is my
third sample from Amazon and, while it's pleasant for listening to FM
and it CAN receive long-distance AM, its tuning is so poor that DXing
is rendered useless, in my opinion.

For $20.00 or thereabouts, okay; anything more - NUTS!

But I won't sell it. (Among other things I couldn't do so with a clear
conscience.) One of these days I'll pack it up (I don't know why I put
the box in the crawl space without really giving the radio a fair
trial - now I have to go in there and retrieve it!) and put it away.

My heirs will have to deal with it!

Best,

Joe
Old April 28th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am still working on the outside of my house, that will probally take
me a few more months to finish up with that.Then I will finish up with
laying down plywood in my attic so I can put a lot of my stuff up
there.Then doggy and I will have some room down below.
cuhulin

Superadio I dxAce Shortwave 7 February 27th 10 02:36 PM
FS: GE Superadio Frank Bals Shortwave 0 January 15th 05 03:02 PM
FS: GE Superadio III Frank Bals Shortwave 0 January 12th 05 04:31 AM
FS: GE Superadio II Frank Bals Swap 4 January 29th 04 12:53 AM
FS: G.E. Superadio 2 Frank Bals Swap 0 January 26th 04 03:32 AM