Old May 16th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default 11230 KHz follow up

On May 15, 8:08*pm, ai8o wrote:
at 0135 UTC May 16,2010 the same xmtr came on the air with a different
live female operator.
.
She was responding to and giving commands open and close links to
several other stations that I did not hear, and probably were not on
the same frequency.

It sounded to me that she was simul-select on several different
frquencies and did not know that 11230 KHz was connected into the
circuit.

I did not hear any recognizable callsigns or tactical calls used.

To use an old term; This sounded to me like the "order wire" in a
military, multi-channel, point to point, comm circuit that had mixed
voice and data circuits.
.
I haven't heard anything like this on HF since the Vietnam era of the
1960's and 70's.

I believe I ran across this station, or something very much like it,
possibly on this freq, about a month back. Eventually, I think I heard
an ID of some kind, but it was stated so rapidly it did not register.

I am in California; not sure of your QTH, so take this for what it's
worth.

Bruce