Old May 16th 10, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 11230 KHz follow up

at 0135 UTC May 16,2010 the same xmtr came on the air with a different
live female operator.
..
She was responding to and giving commands open and close links to
several other stations that I did not hear, and probably were not on
the same frequency.

It sounded to me that she was simul-select on several different
frquencies and did not know that 11230 KHz was connected into the
circuit.

I did not hear any recognizable callsigns or tactical calls used.

To use an old term; This sounded to me like the "order wire" in a
military, multi-channel, point to point, comm circuit that had mixed
voice and data circuits.
..
I haven't heard anything like this on HF since the Vietnam era of the
1960's and 70's.

Old May 16th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.
She was responding to and giving commands open and close links to
several other stations that I did not hear, and probably were not on
the same frequency.

It sounded to me that she was simul-select on several different
frquencies and did not know that 11230 KHz was connected into the
circuit.

I did not hear any recognizable callsigns or tactical calls used.

To use an old term; This sounded to me like the "order wire" in a
military, multi-channel, point to point, comm circuit that had mixed
voice and data circuits.
.
I haven't heard anything like this on HF since the Vietnam era of the
1960's and 70's.

I believe I ran across this station, or something very much like it,
possibly on this freq, about a month back. Eventually, I think I heard
an ID of some kind, but it was stated so rapidly it did not register.

I am in California; not sure of your QTH, so take this for what it's
worth.

Bruce
Old May 16th 10, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 15, 11:08*pm, ai8o wrote:
at 0135 UTC May 16,2010 the same xmtr came on the air with a different
live female operator.
.
She was responding to and giving commands open and close links to
several other stations that I did not hear, and probably were not on
the same frequency.

It sounded to me that she was simul-select on several different
frquencies and did not know that 11230 KHz was connected into the
circuit.

I did not hear any recognizable callsigns or tactical calls used.

To use an old term; This sounded to me like the "order wire" in a
military, multi-channel, point to point, comm circuit that had mixed
voice and data circuits.
.
I haven't heard anything like this on HF since the Vietnam era of the
1960's and 70's.

I am sure you know how fortunate you were to hear that, that's pretty
cool IMO. In 97 I heard a numbers station where the gal coughed during
the transmission - one of the "attencion" stations. I've read all
kinds of pretty cool stories on stuck keyups for lack of a better word/
phrase. All cloak and dagger like....lol.

People talking in the background after the person transmitting thought
they were done. You should fire that to the staff at Pop Comm and
Monitoring Times. Good job, I'm envious.