Old May 20th 10, 07:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
coffelt2 coffelt2 is offline

Default WW2 Lancaster bomber radios, info wanted. (ARC-5 Junk?)

I don't know about Canadian aircraft production. But I know that on the
US manufacturing lines they were churning aircraft out as quickly as
possible,
all three shifts going. When a particular device was unavailable, there
would
be quick re-engineering to put something else in. So a lot of the
American
aircraft had some pretty dramatic changes over their production run and
accurate records weren't really kept. So a lot of it becomes a matter of
looking for the particular configuration for a particular aircraft.

And then after the war all that ARC-5 junk was selling for pennies on the
dollar.
--scott

Oh, the "snobbery"! "ARC-5 junk"? In the "day", these honeys were the
hottest "junk" around!
Hot receivers, great "Q5ers", VFOs, 100 watt transmitters (with a bit of
"youp-di-youp-youp admittedly)
"phasing" SSB exciters and finals, cool sounding dynamotors....... Junk?
Come on, Dad, you're joking?

Grinning with you,

Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ