Old May 26th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default 61698 at 0700 UCT...........

On May 25, 10:34*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On May 25, 7:32*am, bpnjensen wrote:

On May 25, 12:13*am, Gregg wrote:

I've used the database Bob gave me the link to but I just can't
identify this. Can anyone help? It's in LSB and it's in english, I put
on the headphone in hope of being able to clear it up. Anyone?

That link doesn't show ( I don't think) if something is in SSB, at
least I haven't seen it yet. Thanks!

Could you state the freq again? *Not sure what 61698 is...

If this means 6169.8, or 6170, it could be R. New Zealand at that
time, and LSB might help to overcome some upper side interference -
could that be it?

Yeah Bruce, that's what it meant - I just didn't bother to include
the . :-)
According to that database, that sure could have been it.
Interestingly though, that database doesn't show in what modes. I
didn't know that a station would do that, not very fan friendly to
some of their listeners IMO....lol...not that it bothers me - but I'm
sure many don't have receivers that can operate in that mode.

That may be a good question to some of the guys and gal in here that
aren't living in the US. LIke BA being in S.Korea - does S.Korea have
"their own" receivers? Do they have their version of Rat Shack over
there? I'm sure ( I would think) that many of these countries don't
make receivers that have LSB/USB.