Old May 25th 10, 08:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 61698 at 0700 UCT...........

I've used the database Bob gave me the link to but I just can't
identify this. Can anyone help? It's in LSB and it's in english, I put
on the headphone in hope of being able to clear it up. Anyone?

That link doesn't show ( I don't think) if something is in SSB, at
least I haven't seen it yet. Thanks!
Old May 25th 10, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 25, 12:13*am, Gregg wrote:
I've used the database Bob gave me the link to but I just can't
identify this. Can anyone help? It's in LSB and it's in english, I put
on the headphone in hope of being able to clear it up. Anyone?

That link doesn't show ( I don't think) if something is in SSB, at
least I haven't seen it yet. Thanks!

Could you state the freq again? Not sure what 61698 is...
Old May 25th 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 25, 7:32*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On May 25, 12:13*am, Gregg wrote:

I've used the database Bob gave me the link to but I just can't
identify this. Can anyone help? It's in LSB and it's in english, I put
on the headphone in hope of being able to clear it up. Anyone?

That link doesn't show ( I don't think) if something is in SSB, at
least I haven't seen it yet. Thanks!

Could you state the freq again? *Not sure what 61698 is...

If this means 6169.8, or 6170, it could be R. New Zealand at that
time, and LSB might help to overcome some upper side interference -
could that be it?
Old May 26th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 25, 12:13*am, Gregg wrote:

I've used the database Bob gave me the link to but I just can't
identify this. Can anyone help? It's in LSB and it's in english, I put
on the headphone in hope of being able to clear it up. Anyone?

That link doesn't show ( I don't think) if something is in SSB, at
least I haven't seen it yet. Thanks!

Could you state the freq again? *Not sure what 61698 is...

If this means 6169.8, or 6170, it could be R. New Zealand at that
time, and LSB might help to overcome some upper side interference -
could that be it?

Yeah Bruce, that's what it meant - I just didn't bother to include
the . :-)
According to that database, that sure could have been it.
Interestingly though, that database doesn't show in what modes. I
didn't know that a station would do that, not very fan friendly to
some of their listeners IMO....lol...not that it bothers me - but I'm
sure many don't have receivers that can operate in that mode.

That may be a good question to some of the guys and gal in here that
aren't living in the US. LIke BA being in S.Korea - does S.Korea have
"their own" receivers? Do they have their version of Rat Shack over
there? I'm sure ( I would think) that many of these countries don't
make receivers that have LSB/USB.

Old May 26th 10, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 25, 12:13*am, Gregg wrote:

[...]

I'd differ with you on that because the folk that are serious enough to
participate in a group like this are probably more likely to have SSB capable
gear. Whether any particular country has RS presence or manufacture their own
receivers is also irrelevant as the SWL equipment market is served by global
companies operating online.

Yeah - I get you there Bob. I meant over in other countries, if
someone was listening to what I was and didn't have a receiver with
the capability they would have been SOL. I know the ones in here more
than likely can copy SSB on their receivers. I also know that
receivers can be basically purchased anywhere, but I'm sure in some of
the other countries or third world - maybe they can't afford that.
I've seen enough shows on tv, just not even a week ago that Andrew
Zimmer {sp} (kind of heavy guy) fella he travels the world and eats
strange cuisine from other countries.

There were two seperate places/scenes in that one show where the
people were squatting/sitting around a radio and I could tell (I'd bet
on it) that those radios didn't have SSB capability. I never even
thought of a "literal" Radio Shack being in those types of countries
but I'm sure there has to be someone producing those radios or parts
for the old ones? Who knows.