Old May 28th 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Gamma fed or folded dipoles?

On May 27, 6:28*pm, jure wrote:
On 27 svi, 22:13, JIMMIE wrote:

On May 27, 3:54*pm, jure wrote:

On 21 svi, 07:22, "VK2KC" wrote:

I am going to build an array of 4 stacked dipoles for operation on 2 metres.
I would like to know whether the gamma fed dipole has any advantage over the
folded dipole, apart from the folded dipole being a tad more difficult to
make.

I have heard that the gamma fed dipole has a skewed radiation pattern in
comparison to the folded one.

Any thoughts and advice?
Many thanks
John
VK2KC

*The folded dipole with 1:4 baloon is best *solution for maching
yagis .

Over the last few years a I have started preferring using the folded
dipole for the *driven element also. I dont understand your need for
4:1 BALUN though.

Jimmie

*You must put the balun to have 50 Ohm .http://users.belgacom.net/hamradio/schemas/14balun.gif

Sorry, I got to thinking you were using it as the driven element of a
Yagi. I think my train of thought got derailed by someone elses
comment.

Jimmie

Jimmie