Old May 28th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Gamma fed or folded dipoles?

On 5/27/2010 2:54 PM, jure wrote:
On 21 svi, 07:22, wrote:
I am going to build an array of 4 stacked dipoles for operation on 2 metres.
I would like to know whether the gamma fed dipole has any advantage over the
folded dipole, apart from the folded dipole being a tad more difficult to
make.

I have heard that the gamma fed dipole has a skewed radiation pattern in
comparison to the folded one.

Any thoughts and advice?
Many thanks
John
VK2KC

The folded dipole with 1:4 baloon is best solution for maching
yagis .

EME operators, who have the greatest need of pattern control, noise
temperature and efficiency, would not agree. They use the T match.

tom
K0TAR
Old May 28th 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 5/27/2010 10:13 PM, tom wrote:
On 5/27/2010 2:54 PM, jure wrote:
On 21 svi, 07:22, wrote:
[...]

Oops. You are talking about just a dipole, so the above doesn't really
apply.

And neither does any worries about skew. If it skews on a dipole who
cares? Just turn it, if you can even tell it skewed.

tom
K0TAR
Old May 28th 10, 08:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 28 svi, 05:13, tom wrote:
On 5/27/2010 2:54 PM, jure wrote:

On 21 svi, 07:22, *wrote:
I am going to build an array of 4 stacked dipoles for operation on 2 metres.
I would like to know whether the gamma fed dipole has any advantage over the
folded dipole, apart from the folded dipole being a tad more difficult to
make.

I have heard that the gamma fed dipole has a skewed radiation pattern in
comparison to the folded one.

Any thoughts and advice?
Many thanks
John
VK2KC

* The folded dipole with 1:4 baloon is best *solution for maching
yagis .

EME operators, who have the greatest need of pattern control, noise
temperature and efficiency, would not agree. *They use the T match.

tom
K0TAR

I do not think so . He is worse than the folded dipole . . .
Old May 28th 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 27, 6:28*pm, jure wrote:
On 27 svi, 22:13, JIMMIE wrote:

On May 27, 3:54*pm, jure wrote:

On 21 svi, 07:22, "VK2KC" wrote:

I am going to build an array of 4 stacked dipoles for operation on 2 metres.
I would like to know whether the gamma fed dipole has any advantage over the
folded dipole, apart from the folded dipole being a tad more difficult to
make.

I have heard that the gamma fed dipole has a skewed radiation pattern in
comparison to the folded one.

Any thoughts and advice?
Many thanks
John
VK2KC

*The folded dipole with 1:4 baloon is best *solution for maching
yagis .

Over the last few years a I have started preferring using the folded
dipole for the *driven element also. I dont understand your need for
4:1 BALUN though.

Jimmie

*You must put the balun to have 50 Ohm .http://users.belgacom.net/hamradio/schemas/14balun.gif

Sorry, I got to thinking you were using it as the driven element of a
Yagi. I think my train of thought got derailed by someone elses
comment.

Jimmie

Jimmie

Broad band folded HF dipoles Bill Equipment 5 March 14th 08 06:43 PM
folded dipoles B29 Antenna 79 December 27th 06 04:29 PM
Gamma. Before somebody tells me. Reg Edwards Antenna 20 April 11th 06 09:27 PM
String up folded dipoles for FM? googlegroups.ken Antenna 0 January 13th 05 03:36 AM
End Effect on folded dipoles/monopoles? John Antenna 17 April 29th 04 09:25 PM