Old May 31st 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood TS-820s cw problem

On Mon, 31 May 2010, HeyReub wrote:

I just bought a used ts-820 which had been completely reconditioned and
has all new tubes. It works great in SSB but when I insert the CW key
and put the Mode sw in CW, I get a constant tone that none of the dials
on the front seem to effect. When I remove the jack, the tone goes
away. Any suggestions?

Have you looked at the key? Some have a lever that allows for closing
the contacts on a continuous basis, such as when tuning up. See if there
is, and that it's not closed.

Or, it may be a short at the plug.

Michael VE2BVW