Old June 2nd 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
dave dave is offline

Default Anyone parting out a Kenwood R-5000 or TS-440?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
dave wrote:
I have a TS-440SAT I'll sell you for $200 + shipping!

A tempting offer, thanks. My estimate is that if I want to send it insured
it would cost at least $100. USPS does not insure mail to Israel, so I would
have to use FEDEX, DHL ETC.

That would raise the price to $300 plus about $75 in taxes. Getting an
import permit for it is trivial, but may add another $35 in fees (before
taxes) from the courrier service.

The other option would be to have a tourist bring it in their luggage.
At $200 it fits within the tax excemption for gifts.

That would not be a bad deal, but all I want is a knob. :-)

I'm going to try to be at the TRW swap meet at the end of the month. If
you're in Manhattan Beach stop by.

Universal is a Kenwood parts dealer, are they not?