Old June 1st 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Anyone parting out a Kenwood R-5000 or TS-440?

Anyone parting out a Kenwood R-5000? I need a new antenuator knob.

Please don't tell me to:

1. Check the Yahoo group. I've asked there many times and no one ever is.

2. Order it from Kenwood Parts in the USA. Quite simply, I can't.

The same knob is used on a TS-440.

Thanks,

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.
Old June 1st 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Anyone parting out a Kenwood R-5000? I need a new antenuator knob.

Please don't tell me to:

1. Check the Yahoo group. I've asked there many times and no one ever is.

2. Order it from Kenwood Parts in the USA. Quite simply, I can't.

The same knob is used on a TS-440.

Thanks,

Geoff.

I have a TS-440SAT I'll sell you for $200 + shipping!
Old June 1st 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

dave wrote:
I have a TS-440SAT I'll sell you for $200 + shipping!

A tempting offer, thanks. My estimate is that if I want to send it insured
it would cost at least $100. USPS does not insure mail to Israel, so I would
have to use FEDEX, DHL ETC.

That would raise the price to $300 plus about $75 in taxes. Getting an
import permit for it is trivial, but may add another $35 in fees (before
taxes) from the courrier service.

The other option would be to have a tourist bring it in their luggage.
At $200 it fits within the tax excemption for gifts.

That would not be a bad deal, but all I want is a knob. :-)

Old June 2nd 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

dave wrote:

I'm going to try to be at the TRW swap meet at the end of the month. If
you're in Manhattan Beach stop by.

Thanks, I'm 9,000 miles from there.

Universal is a Kenwood parts dealer, are they not?

You know, I've dealt with them for almost 20 years, bought radios from them
when I lived in the US, and go to their web site often, but never thought
about asking them.

Old June 3rd 10, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
dave wrote:

I'm going to try to be at the TRW swap meet at the end of the month. If
you're in Manhattan Beach stop by.

Thanks, I'm 9,000 miles from there.

I know. But I like to think of you as a jet setter.

Kenwood r-5000 Dana Boatanchors 1 April 2nd 07 12:35 PM
FA Kenwood R-5000 Brian Hill Swap 0 May 2nd 06 03:29 AM
Kenwood R-5000 GeorgeF Shortwave 21 October 15th 04 11:49 AM
Kenwood R-5000 $230 grumpus Shortwave 8 October 28th 03 01:06 PM