Old June 10th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bob[_27_] Bob[_27_] is offline

Default Upgrade From A GRE 500 ? Opinions ?

Hello,

Have been away from the hobby for a while now.

I have a GRE 500 handheld unit, which I like very much.

I understand that GRE has had a new handheld unit out for a while.
More bells and whistles than the 500, I guess.

I'm in my 70's now, and frankly not that sharp with unerstanding the
technical specs anymore.

Might anyone please outline for me, and describe, what the new one
offers over what I have now ?

Worth considering an upgrade ? Why ?

BTW: Is there an even newer one expected "shortly" ?

Live outside of Boston, and use it mainly to monitor local PD and FD, as
well as some Aero from Hanscom and Logan.

Much thanks,
B.