Old June 10th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Upgrade From A GRE 500 ? Opinions ?

Hello,

Have been away from the hobby for a while now.

I have a GRE 500 handheld unit, which I like very much.

I understand that GRE has had a new handheld unit out for a while.
More bells and whistles than the 500, I guess.

I'm in my 70's now, and frankly not that sharp with unerstanding the
technical specs anymore.

Might anyone please outline for me, and describe, what the new one
offers over what I have now ?

Worth considering an upgrade ? Why ?

BTW: Is there an even newer one expected "shortly" ?

Live outside of Boston, and use it mainly to monitor local PD and FD, as
well as some Aero from Hanscom and Logan.

Much thanks,
B.
Old June 13th 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On 6/10/10 5:28 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Have been away from the hobby for a while now.

I have a GRE 500 handheld unit, which I like very much.

I understand that GRE has had a new handheld unit out for a while.
More bells and whistles than the 500, I guess.

The new unit is a Analog Trunk tracker the 310X/410X. It is an upgrade
of the 300/400 series due out in the Fall of 2010. The 500 is the latest
Digital Trunk tracker from GRE. GRE is also set to release a clone of
the PRO-107 iScan radio and Uniden will announce their 'iScan' version
on July 1st.

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
Old August 18th 10, 01:09 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob[_27_] View Post
Hello,

Have been away from the hobby for a while now.

I have a GRE 500 handheld unit, which I like very much.

I understand that GRE has had a new handheld unit out for a while.
More bells and whistles than the 500, I guess.

I'm in my 70's now, and frankly not that sharp with unerstanding the
technical specs anymore.

Might anyone please outline for me, and describe, what the new one
offers over what I have now ?

Worth considering an upgrade ? Why ?

BTW: Is there an even newer one expected "shortly" ?

Live outside of Boston, and use it mainly to monitor local PD and FD, as
well as some Aero from Hanscom and Logan.

Much thanks,
B.
If you go the "theconstablesstore.com" and look on the right side of the tool bar you will see SCANNERS click there and all the new GRE's are there and you can download the "PDF" file for any or all scanners there. I hope this helps you,

PS
I here there prices anr great!

too stupid to upgrade an_old_freid Policy 2 May 9th 07 07:14 PM
FA: Kenwood TM-742A Upgrade Kit!! Upgrade your old TM-x41A Amateur Radio Station W5CIA Swap 0 June 17th 06 11:49 PM
PRO-43 upgrade to PRO-97 Frank Scanner 3 January 13th 06 06:38 AM
BC 246 Upgrade? MegaHurts Scanner 1 February 7th 05 07:48 PM
PRO-96 Upgrade For CQPSK Soon To Be Available Fredric J. Einstein Scanner 3 February 1st 04 11:16 PM