Old July 8th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default what happens to reflected energy ?

On Jul 7, 11:14*am, Keith Dysart wrote:
On Jul 6, 11:11*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:

On Jul 6, 7:27*pm, Keith Dysart wrote:

Excellent attempt at diversion.

Sorry, "I don't know", is NOT a diversion.

T'is when the thing you claim not to know has nothing to do with
the problem at hand.

As i pointed out, the energy levels are well above the noise.

And you skipped the intriguing question...

If the signal was a 50 W sinusoid at 15 nHz, would you have the
same reluctance to declare it an EM wave? It is a sinusoid.
What criteria could it possibly fail to satisfy?

At what frequency would you no longer be reluctanct?
* 1 microHz
* 1 mHz
* 0.1 Hz
* 1 Hz
* 10 Hz
* 100 Hz
* 1 kHz
* 10 kHz
* ?

Real applications run at 10 kHz so I assume you would accept,
without concern, at least this number. Where would your
trepidation begin?

...Keith

i have trepidation when it takes longer to reach steady state than i
am willing to sit and watch the experiment.