Old July 25th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Szalay[_2_] John Szalay[_2_] is offline

Default 800 MHz angle antenna BNC connection

"homepc" wrote in
:

The angle antenna I got is new but it doesn't have any give when being
pushed down over the antenna base of the scanner.

If its new, then probably someone at the factory put two wave washers or
crimpped the slotted collar improperly.

short of forcing it. not a lot you can do about it..except

I would NOT try to force it onto the scanner BNC. too much chance of
causing damage to the plastic case on the scanner. I would try using a
disposable or scrap BNC connector, put some WD-40 on it and work with it..
see if it can be losened up. else, chuck it in the circular file..