Old September 6th 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Frequency independent

It is getting close to winter times when decisions have to be made
for the seasonal antenna. My antenna is frequency independent with a
cavity / reflector and I have been feeding it via coax direct ie
unbalanced because of the constant impedance, therefore unbalanced to
balanced should not be a problem.
Anybody see an error in thinking here.
The antenna will be on a tower as the antenna picks up all
transmission modes so I need to get away from ground noise. I will be
adding an elevation changer if I have the time other wise it will be
parallel to ground or zero elevation.
Many thanks for your inputs
Art