Old September 15th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Cecil, was it you that mention a "windom balun?"

On Sep 15, 7:24*am, John Smith wrote:
If a mere loss of 10% drops you too close to the sensitivity threshold
of your receiver, your ability to pull out a weak signal just suffered
the kiss of death ...

John, when are you going to give up on this crystal receiver set of
yours and get a decent receiver?

http://crystalradiosupply.com/conten...%20edition.jpg

For me, receiving at anywhere near the 0.13 uV receiver threshold is
just too much work. I think they should outlaw any received signal
below 1 uV.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com